2. Black elastic headband
3. Brooch Pin
Take your brooch and pin the feather to the elastic headband. You may have a few of these items at home already (the pin I used is from a necklace I bought last year).
Here’s what you’ll need!
3.Small barrel curling iron (3/4″)
5.Pin curl clips
*** I straightened my natural hair with a flatiron for this look ( but you can also roller set your hair)
*** Short hair chicks skip steps 2-4
1.Create a side part
2. Part hair from ear to ear and clip away top half.
3. Twist hair around your finger to create a pin curl. Place pin curl close to your scalp and secure with bobby pins (if pin curls are too difficult braid up back section and pin).
4. Create 3 to 4 pin curls in back section
5. Start at the top and part out a small section of hair (about the width of your finger).
6.Use a small barrel curling iron and curl hair forward.
7.Direct the hair forward and pin with a pin curl clip (pin curls should be about the size of a nickel)
8.Proceed to bottom side section and curl in opposite direction. Pin hair going back away from face.
9. Proceed to remaining sections and repeat the same process
10. After it’s all pinned … spray it up with hairspray! Let pin curls set while you start your makeup.
11. Remove pin curl clips (do not remove the 3-4 pin curls that you bobby pinned earlier)
12. Softly brush out each section
13. Try and create a “C” formation at the top using your finger to help mold hair in place.
14.Use a pin curl clip to help hold your “C” formation in place. Take your comb and tease the ends in an upward direction to create fullness.
15. Tuck ends under and secure with bobby pins.
16.Proceed to opposite side and repeat the same process. Use your rattail comb to help create an “S” formation.
Steps 17 & 18
17. Tease, tuck and pin
18. Spray, spray, spray, and spray some more! Add your fabulous flapper headband to complete your look.
Whew … done! It should look something like this when you finish.
Chicks … have a safe and fun Halloween! Thanks for reading!